FRU Removal and Replacement: Processor
Xeon 3.6 GHz Proliant Processor Replacement Procedure. Part# 355928-B21
This is a non-hot plug procedure.
Removing the processor
- Power down the server.
- Remove the access panel.
- For a secondary processor, remove the PCI riser
- Open the processor retaining bracket.
- Lift up the locking lever.
- Remove the processor and heatsink assembly.
Replacing or installing Processor Part# 355928-B21
- Set the processor assembly in place on the connector. Be sure that tab
for assembly is located on the same side as the processor release lever.
processor locking lever.
- Close processor retaining bracket.